- This event has passed.
November 19, monthly meeting
November 19, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The LRWP November meeting will be held from 10-noon in the Middlesex County Planning Offices at 75 Bayard Street, New Brunswick, NJ – 5th floor mid-size conference room.
Parking is validated for those parking on floors 5 and higher in the RWJ Wellness Parking Deck located at 95 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901. Be sure to bring your ticket to the meeting for validation.
Lower Raritan Watershed Partnership Meeting DRAFT Agenda
November 19, 2018 – 10:00 AM-NOON
I.Welcome / Introductions
II. “Top Issues Facing LRW Communities” – Group Exercise
III. LRWP Board/Project/Program/Grant Updates
- Middlesex County Arts Grant – #lookfortheriver installations, kickstarter campaign
- Watershed Institute Grant – “State of the Lower Raritan Watershed” report
- Project WADES – poster distribution
- December Potluck – “40 years of planning in the LRW” + Streamkeeper kick-off
- NOAA Resilience / Green Infrastructure Workshop Part II
IV. Speaker/activity planning for 2019
- Jan-Feb: “Windows of Understanding” (with Olga Mercedes Bautista)
- March 16: South River Clean-up (with South River Shade Tree Commission)
- May 19: Highland Park Multi-site Community Clean-up of Mill Brook
- Installation of Sculptural Frame “picture post” in New Brunswick’s Boyd Park (w/ coLAB/RCE)
- June: Elmwood Cemetery pilot Bioblitz (w/ New & North Brunswick Environmental Commissions)
- Ganesh Chathuri outreach (with Sierra Club)
- Arbor Day planting / build of Buccleuch Park pollinator garden
- “Day Without Water” or World Water Monitoring Day 2019
- ?? Other ??
V. Partner Updates / Announcements
**NEXT MEETING DECEMBER 18 – HOLIDAY POTLUCK, 6-8:30 PM @ **